Pages

.


.


Weekly Workout Breakdown

views the best pictures

This week, I took my exercises I'm using and broke them down into 5 workouts. If your don't have the equipment to do an exercise I list and can't get to a gym, either do the exercise the best you can improvising with your in home weights or cans, even a gallon of water (1 gallon = 8 pounds) or substitute the exercise for one of your favorites. I'm working on getting pictures and videos of each exercise/workout - until then, if there is an exercise you are unsure how to do, you can usually find exercise moves on YouTube.

Workout 1:
Squat jumps; Pushups; Scissors; Plank to Pushup; Bench Dips; Squat Thrusts; Supermans; Bicycles.

Workout 2:
Bench Press; Lunges; Lateral Raises; Leg Curls; Dumbbell Extensions; Barbell Curls; Reverse Crunches.

Workout 3:
Pec Dec; Flat Bench Press; Inclined Bench Press; Shoulder Press; Side Lateral Raises; Crunches.

Workout 4:
Lateral Pull Downs; Seated Rows; Shrugs; Dead Lifts; Overhead Triceps Press; Triceps Push Downs.

Workout 5:
Squats; Leg Press; Hamstring Curls; Calf Raises; Preacher Curls; Standing Barbell Curls; Palm-up Forearm Curls.

Before I begin my workouts, I set my timer for 25 minutes. For each workout circuit, my suggestion is to do 3 sets of 10 or 2 sets of 15. If you need to rest between sets, do your best to only keep your rest to 60 seconds, you want to keep your heart rate up. If you are in pain, STOP! You don't want to hurt yourself. I suggest you do a 4 to 5 minute warm up before you begin your workout ( I like to run for 5 minutes, or do my elliptical for 5 minutes before starting my workouts). If you want to challenge yourself, squat during your workouts, throw in a few punches or kicks, do some jumping jacks or run in place as fast as you can between exercises - get creative with it, have some fun!! Keep water handy! Squeeze your glutes, and maintain good posture during your exercises. If you set a timer for yourself and you finish before the timer goes off, finish your workout with cardio, or challenge yourself and complete another set of each exercise. When your workout is complete, get in a few good stretches. You did it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment