Pages

.


.


5 Tips For Every Day Fitness

views the best pictures

Before starting any weight loss/fitness program, you may want to consult your physician. These 5 tips have always worked for me any time I have ever started an excercise, or weight loss program:

1. Drink water!!!! Carry a water bottle around with you if that makes it easier! Drinking plenty of water will help you feel full in between meals, will keep you from getting dehydtrated, and will help in your digestion process. Don't stress too much about how much water you drink until you get into the habit of drinking.

2. Make your grocery list! Before really hitting it hard, I found making a grocery list of healthy and fresh foods is a great way to get started! Be sure to hit your fresh produce - get plenty of fruits and veggies, they will make the perfect snack! Grapefruits are awesome! Avocados are great for you, and you can use them to accent many meals and snacks! If you have a difficult time finding fresh produce, check out the freezer section - frozen vegetables hold their nutrients also! Be sure to get plenty of whole wheat snacks. Yogurt is a quick, easy snack you can grab as you walk out the door! Protein shakes are a good idea for on the go, whether you get slim fast, a generic brand, or the powder to mix your own - when I don't have an appetite, protein shakes save me big time, I like to throw in a bannana & fresh berries & blend it!! Be sure to get foods you will eat. Seasonings are very important to spice up your meal! My favorite seasonings are McCormick! Chicken and porkchops are my favorites for dinner, I use olive oil spray for my pan, season the meat, cook and serve with veggies. Keep in mind you will want to get a few things for a sweet tooth. The trick is to not overdo it!! If you have a sweet tooth, have something sweet - just have small portions. Don't deprive your body from what it asks for, it's craving it for a reason. Changing your eating habits takes effort and dedication. Serve yourself smaller portions at meals. Have light snacks between meals - my fav snacks are pistachios, or a trail mix - fresh friuts & veggies make a great snack! Of course, if you have allergies to foods, be sure to check all the labels so you are not puchasing items you are allergic to.

3. Exercise everywhere!! Even if you are in your kitchen making dinner, do squats, do calf raises, drop and do a few pushups, do jumping jacks. Stimulate your muscles and get your blood pumping! Doing little exercises while you cook gives your metabolism a boost!

4. Squeeze your glutes!!!! I cannot emphasize this enough! Squeezing my glutes has been the easiest thing for me to be consistent with, I can do it everywhere I go (yes, even work) & honestly, it has been what I have seen the most & quickest improvement! My Mommy gut trimmed down so quickly in simply squeezing my glutes, I was truly pleasantly surprised. I challenge myself & when I squeeze, I hold for at least 5-10 seconds before I release! It's fun to notice the difference as you get stronger & leaner with consistency & time!

5. Don't overdo it!! When you are working out, if it hurts STOP!! You don't want to hurt yourself! Overdoing it is worse than not working out. Don't starve yourself! Eating smaller meals & snacking on healthy foods is going to help give your metabolism a boost. It will take some adjusting, and yes you will get hungy - stick with it!! I love a good challenge, and am constantly pushing myself, and challenging myself to reach the next level. This is for YOU!! Make it count!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!! Find what works for you and do it! The more consistent you are, the quicker results you will see, the stonger you will become & the healthier you'll be.

My wish for you is to have much success on your journey to fitness and health! I love fresh ideas & new exercises to try! Keep it fun and interesting! If you want to take a day off from working out, do it! If you want to indulge in your sweet tooth, do it!...I suggest couteract it with something healthy, ex. eat 1/2 a 3 Musketeers and 1/2 a grapefuit....that way next time your sweet tooth hits, you will still have 1/2 a candy bar waiting for you & some delicious fruit to accent it!! Getting in shape is not about suffering, it's transforming yourself to achieve health & fitness! Be consitent, be dedicated, keep track of your progress & you will see results!!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment