Pages

.


.


Exercises for this week

views the best pictures

I like to mix up my workouts to keep it fresh. For a total body workout, I have found circuit training to be the most effective. Plus, when you go from one exercise to another without breaks, you keep your heart rate up and those calories burning. Circuit training is also great for keeping your workouts different, and it keeps your body guessing - so your body's not going to get used to any routine, which means quicker results!! Here are the exercises I plan to mix up this week for my workouts:

Crunches (abs)
Bicycles (abs)
Chest fly (chest)
Bench press with dumbbells (chest)
Pushups (chest, shoulders, and triceps)
Lateral raise (shoulders)
Supinated curl (biceps)
Triceps extension (triceps)
Triceps kickback (triceps)
Squat (thighs)
Lunge, front and side (thighs)
Standing calf raises (calves)
Row (back)
Straight-legged deadlift (back, hamstring, glutes)
Hip extension (back, hamstring, glutes)
Bridge (back, hamstring, glutes)

** When using weights, for beginners I suggest using a 5 pound dumbbells - or less, if 5 pounds is too much. Beginners, use weights only 2 times per week. It's best to slowly work into using weights if you haven't used weights before. Once the weight becomes easy, increase the amount of weight you use. If you don't have dumbbells, improvise with large or small cans - or rinse and re-use your gallon of milk....one gallon = 8 pounds. I use my 10 or 15 pound dumbbells, depending on which exercise I'm doing and on how many reps I plan to do.

Choose at least 4 exercises per circuit. Once it becomes easy to do 4 exercises per circuit, add more exercises. My suggestion is to set your timer for 15 minutes, choose either 3 sets of 10 reps, or 2 sets of 15 reps each exercise and if you complete your circuit before the 15 minutes is up either do more reps of your exercises, or do cardio for your remaining time. I love to push myself, and I'm always telling myself "just one more" and end up doing 5 to 6 more reps of each exercise. Do what works best for you!

Once you have picked out your exercises, grab some water. Do a warm up, whether you jump rope (use imaginary jump rope if you don't own a jump rope), do jumping jacks, mountain climbers and some stretches - just get your heart rate going. Push yourself, but don't hurt yourself! If it hurts, STOP! You want results, not to set yourself back! Do your best to squeeze your glutes and maintain good posture during your exercises. When your workout is complete, cool down and stretch. You did it!! **



No comments:

Post a Comment