Pages

.


.


Circuit Training

views the best pictures

I love circuit training! It gives me a more intense workout, and it's a quick way for me to work several parts of my body in a short amount of time. I usually spend 20 - 30 minutes with my circuit training workouts. Today I will do the following:

15 Good Mornings
15 Punches (Punch, Hook, Uppercut, etc. - Mix it up!)
15 Kicks (Front Kick, Round Kick, Side Kick, etc. - Mix it up!)
15 Jumping Jacks
15 Sumo Deadlifts
15 Lunges
15 Pushups
15 Mountain Climbers
15 Power Clean and Press
15 Calf Raises

Sometimes when I do my circuit training, I start with 15 reps each, then do 14 reps each, next 13 reps each all the way to 1 rep each. If it's easier for you, do 2 sets of 15 reps each, or 3 sets of 10 reps each - do what works best for you. If you can't do a lot of jumping, find another exercise that works for you.
Remember when you do your exercises to keep water handy, stretch before and after workouts, do a 4 to 5 minute warm up, and breathe during each exercise. Do your best to squeeze your glutes and maintain good posture during your exercises. To add cardio to your circuit training, simply jump rope in between exercises, run in place, or do jumping jacks. If it hurts, STOP! You want to stimulate and exercise your muscles, but don't want to hurt yourself. Do your best! Tell yourself just one more rep! You are worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment