Pages

.


.


Exercises I'm using for this week..

views the best pictures

Glutes and Legs: Squat; Bridge; Lunge (front, side, wall, back) Hip extension (standing and laying, also mule kick); Straight-legged deadlift. For advanced move, do the front foot elevated on something stable – I use the side of my bed.
Abs: Crunch; Sit-up; Twist in crunch; Plank; Plank to push-up; Bicycles; Double crunch, Scissors. Advanced, add a little weight at a time to exercises.
Arms and Chest: Dumbbell press; Triceps kickbacks; Row; Lateral raise (standing and bent over); Supinated curls; Triceps extensions; Hammer curls; Butterflies; Push-ups. For beginners, begin workouts without weights. When it becomes too easy, add elastic bands or light weights. Add weight a little at a time, and as desired to reach your personal goals. If you don’t want too much weight, but your light weights have become too easy - use your elastic bands along with your light weights.
In any workout you choose, if you are starting a fresh workout, start with setting your timer for 15 minutes, and if you feel you can do more – set your timer for 5 more minutes. Don’t go over 30 minutes! Start with choosing 4 different exercises for your workout time – I suggest 3 sets of 8 or 2 sets of 10. You do what you want with your workout. Work up to 6 different exercises. If it hurts, STOP! You don’t want to hurt yourself! With weights, don’t do more than 2 days a week if you are getting a fresh start and work up to 4 days a week. Take your rest days!! I walk on my toes most of the time, but I especially focus on that on my rest days and dance a lot!! Keep water handy! I have water bottles all over my house. Practice good posture and squeeze your glutes often – I correct myself all the time still. Good posture is so important, easiest way for me is to squeeze my shoulder blades together as hard as I can for 5 – 10 seconds and  roll my shoulders back 5 times, while breathing deeply. If you keep it simple and fun, you actually will catch yourself coming up with your own new workouts!! It’s super fun!! If you want a calorie counter for weight loss I suggest http://www.myfitnesspal.com.

Here are a few links to exercises with resistance bands:

No comments:

Post a Comment